Friday, April 26, 2013

Tuesday 4/16/13- Exploration

Tuesday we woke at the ass crack of dawn (around 5:30 am) because we decided we were awake.  I decided it would be amazing to watch the sun rise on the beach.  I will note here that I was tired and hopefully not fully aware that we were on the south and west facing side of the island and therefore there would be no sun rising on our side of the island.  Zach of course failed to correct me until we had rushed down there and I realized the sun was coming up behind us...

But we were on the beach.  Kenolio Park to be exact. 

 

And we did get to watch the sunrise.  Just over a volcano instead of on the beach. 

But we were still standing on the beach.
And then we went a little futher down to Kalama beach and helped a crab by flipping him over so he could avoid getting eated by birds.
And watch some paddle surfers.
Then we went back to our room and went to the pool.
Then we relaxed for a bit.  I promise Zach does have swim shorts on in this picture.
 
After the relaxing, we went out to find second breakfast.  Mostly because nothing ws open when we went out the first time.  We actually drove all the way back up to Kahului to the Krispy Kreme.  Yeah I know, but Zach really wanted doughnuts.  But I was very pleasantly surprised by their pineapple fritter.  Soooooo good. 
 
We wandered back down to Kihei and down to some craft and farmer's markets we found the first time we drove along the beach.  Zach had a plan to get several Hawaiian shirts (Or as they call them in Hawaii, shirts) (blame Aaron and Stan for that joke) and I fell in love with a dress.  We also picked up some fresh fruit and stopped by the Foodland for items to stock our fridge.  We ended up stopping at Foodland a lot.  We discovered a lot of interesting foods.  Li Ming Powder, Coconut Pudding, Poke.  It was a lot of fun.
 
We weren't super hungry for lunch and by the time I got hungry, it was almost time for the Luau.  And I didn't want a big meal before we went there.  So we got ice cream at Kihei Aloha Ice cream parlor.  I don't remember what I had except that it was Kona coffee ice cream with coconut in it.  So good. 
 
We got back to the condo and Stan and Dana were going out for gelato.  So we joined them.  We went to Maui Gelato.  We had the coconut and a mix of tropical fruits.  Really good.  So we had lots of frozen treats for lunch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment